Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Here we are again

It may seem too early to talk about resolutions. But I'm reflecting today about my resolution to make this holiday season different. I resolve to rush less and relax more. I would stress less about gift buying and enjoy more of the holiday concerts, get togethers and conversations with valued friends.
Today, then, is a time to step back and look at that resolution. How am I doing?  This is not a time to measure shortcomings, but to take an honest analysis of where I am and compare it to where I would like to be.
Am I behaving like a person of peace? Am I bringing encouragement to others? Am I insisting on being first during that lane change and first into the store doorway?
What is my sore back telling me about the wrapping and decorating I have been doing? They let me know that I am overdoing it again. So for today's pot luck party, I will let go of trying to impress my friends with my culinary skills and show up with a bottle of store-bought dip and 2 boxes of crackers.
For me it is a step towards truly enjoying today.
May today bring you moments to step back, evaluate, and enjoy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment