Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Longing to achieve something great

The dinner dishes are done, the evening walk complete. The list of chores looms large against the tantalizing options for mindless entertainment. How will I choose to spend the remainder of the evening? TV reality shows or laundry?  Checking Facebook or writing someone who is facing a major life challenge?
I talk to so many busy professionals during the day who are working as hard as they can, but still falling behind in their emails, appointments, and voice mails.  It's the second day of May and we are already booked solid through mid-June.  We  look for ways to maximize our effectiveness and achieve something great. But some days, I would be happy just to achieve something, however small.
I spoke to someone on the phone today who just needed to talk. I pushed back from the computer, and 15 minutes later, we both felt better.  I think I achieved something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment