Saturday, March 3, 2018

Relax! You are safe.

Things that appear ugly and scary might really be conduits of delight.

I'm watching plump bees zip from pink-purple flower to pink-purple flower, hovering and circling in a muted dance.

Having just finished breakfast on an outdoor patio at a beautiful resort, I hear only birds who join each other in song. Some tweet with low voices and others emit high pitches.

The bees are far enough from me to evoke no fear in me this quiet morning as they go about their work of gathering the raw ingredients for honey.

The sweetness I will taste in future is a result of these dark creatures, who are capable of stinging. And in different circumstances, they would drive me to fear.

I marvel at the Creator who puts them here to remind me of lilies in the field that neither toil nor spin, yet God provides for each one of them.

And God provides for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment