Wednesday, October 31, 2012

How to edit

Take your evening and count the hours. Then count the number of activities you hope to cram into it. Many of us shave an hour of sleep off to accommodate a longer list of activities. Another percentage of us shave off two hours of sleep. Our lists really need doing!
Instead, it is possible to edit the list.  But how?
I find asking myself a series of questions helps me edit a list that is just too long to finish tonight:
·         What will matter most 10 years from now?
·         Will sacrificing sleep to "accomplish" more things cause me to be cranky, self absorbed and unkind to others?
·         Will shortening the list cause others around me suffer?
·         In what ways can I be of best service to my fellow human beings?
·         Am I being asked to let go?
·         What is the highest priority on the list?
·         Is there someone else who can help?
·         Is there someone who should be doing that task instead of me? Am I behaving as if I am the savior of the world? Am I insisting on having things done my way?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment