Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's only October

Someone asked me about scheduling a meeting, and they said, "It's only October."
I immediately replied, "What?! Are you kidding? You mean it's already October!"
So much is in my point of view. When my cup is running over, and not with love but with appointments, I seem to watch the calendar slip out from underneath me like a throw rug on a slippery floor.
Ouch!  I just know I am going to wake up and it will be November. Then Spring. Then....
Wait a minute. I am rushing my days rather than savoring them. I am living not only tomorrow, but a year from Christmas. Do you know what I mean?
I want to learn to savor each day. I want to feel that fall breeze slipping into my window and welcome it. I want to truly notice this hour and this day.  Will you join me in that?


No comments:

Post a Comment